Saturday, December 19, 2015

Chemotherapy

This is it, on 18 December 2015 I received my first chemotherapy for HER2+ breast cancer.  Besides an IV bag full of anti nausea medication I was hanging on does IV drip bags for over five hours, getting Herceptin, Perjeta, Taxotere and Carboplatin.  The nurse just did not want to give me these drugs in IV push.  I can understand their method of delivering the drugs into my veins, but let's get this over with, sitting in this chair, even though it was comfy I was sore from sitting for over five hours to get treated for breast cancer.

I did some reading-up on these four drugs and surprise, surprise, I came across Vincristine, Hydrazine, Platinum and Taxon.  Each one individually was proven to be a cancer fighting substance. 

One of my major problem with the whole ordeal is that I do not have my husband Mark B. Villarino by my side to comfort me in my time of need.  I feel so alone without him by my side and take me to and from therapy.  If only somebody could reason with him and convince him how important he is to me now more than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment